Sunday, October 3, 2010

2nd Six Weeks Extra Credit

Hey, Rams!

Don't forget that Monday is a FRESH START for everyone! I am so proud of the progress you all made for the first six weeks, but I know a few of you might have hoped for a higher grade that what you earned this time around. Remember, there are a few things you can do to improve/maintain your average throughout the six weeks...

First of all, EXTRA CREDIT! I only had a couple of students who completed extra credit for the first six weeks, but it is available to EVERYONE! In order to receive extra credit, you must submit a one-page write up over the quote of the week THREE TIMES throughout the six weeks. This process is on-going, so you have to submit your write up for the quote by the Friday of that same week that it's posted on the board. You should have your quote of the week at all times since you copy it in your agenda every Monday! I will give you extra points at the end of the six weeks wherever you need it most...so if you have low scores under "major grades," I'll give you points there. If you have low scores under "quizzes," I'll give you points there. This is a GREAT opportunity to earn some extra points while you're also considering some GREAT quotes from history's prominent figures.

Also, I can't stress it enough...ATTEND TUTORIALS! I am never available Wednesday before school due to morning duty...other than that, just ask me if I'll be around. I often have meetings, which causes my schedule to change weekly, but I WANT to help you, so ask me when I'll be available, and I'll help you out! Also, remember that even if you are passing all of your classes at progress reports or report cards, you can see me for history tutoring during Tribes time.

Finally, the best thing you can do to be successful in my class is use your class time wisely. You all know at this point that I don't give much homework; however, if you're spending more time socializing in class than working, you're going to fall behind quickly. That means you need to KEEP WORKING until the bell rings and do your BEST at all times. Furthermore, it's important that you put 100% effort into all you do. The assignments I give you are in place in order to make the history knowledge you need "stick" in your brain so when TAKS rolls around in April, it's still there. Yes, you have to remember everything you're learning NOW in APRIL! And then...you also have to remember it in ELEVENTH GRADE when you take the second half of U. S. History. Trust me, you'll love me if you hold on to your Interactive Notebook all the way until 11th grade!

Come see me if you have any questions, or concerns, and let's have an AWESOME second six weeks!

No comments: